The Learning Support Team
Our Mission Statement
“To enable each child to develop to her or his full potential, through a range of educational and personal growth experiences.”
Who we are?
Scoil Chlochair Mhuire has a Specialist Team
The SEN Team specialize in
A team of 7 teachers; Orla Holm, Niamh Dwyer, Clare Bohane, Mary Hurley, April Feiritear, Trish Roche and Dolores Healy
- Learning Support Needs (L.S.)
- English as an Additional Language (E.A.L.)
- Resource Support for pupils who are diagnosed with specific educational, physical, social and other needs
Special Educational Needs are not just confined to schoolwork but also to the physical, social, emotional and other needs of the pupil.
What we do?
- We look at what a pupil learns
- How a pupil learns
- Why a pupil is not learning
How we do it?
We work with class teachers and parents.
We withdraw pupils for supplementary teaching.
We go into the classrooms to implement programmes which improve maths and language development
- Literacy Lift Off – reading
- Mata sa Rang – number facility
- Building Bridges of Communication – understanding what we read
- Movement group to improve motor skills
- Friends for Life – positive mental health
- Sensory room known as the ‘kid cave’
- A school garden
- Well equipped resource rooms
Our best resource is our team of teachers who care about our pupils.